Rump Roast with Home Made Gravy Sauce


Extra soft meat that almost pulled out into pieces. This is how my husband described this recipe that I experimented based on what I see from the store. Last time I went grocery shopping, I saw a meat package that has veggies in it. I did not look at it since I need to hurry up going to another section. All I know was that the meat package has carrots and potatoes in it. In my thought maybe it was for soup so I decided to make dinner soup and stew with a twist. I want it to be a little bit creamy and it turned out good.

Rump roast with homemade gravy

Ingredients


Gravy Ingredients
  • 4 cups water
  • 3 beef cubes
  • 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 3 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp ground pepper
  • 1 garlic glove
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/8 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions

Rump Roast Ingredients
  • 2 lbs rump roast (cut into pieces)
  • 4 medium carrots (cut)
  • 4 red potatoes (cut)
  • 1 yellow onion (sliced)
  • 2 celery ribs (cut)
  • 1 tsp lemon pepper
  • 3 garlic gloves (crushed)
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cup water

Cooking Instruction


Gravy Sauce 
  1. Saute garlic and onions in butter on a medium heat.
  2. Mix all ingredients except 1/2 cup water and cornstarch.
  3. Bring to boil.
  4. Meanwhile,dissolve cornstarch into 1/2 cup water.
  5. Add to gravy mixture and stir until desired thickness is reached.

Rump Roast with Homemade Gravy
  1. On a medium size deep pan, mix carrots, onions, celery, and  potatoes.
  2. Add lemon pepper, salt and ground pepper.
  3. Put cut rump roast on top of mixed ingredients.
  4. Add homemade gravy and additional 1/2 cup water.
  5. Bring to boil over medium heat.
  6. Reduce heat to low and cook for another 2 hours
  
 




Share this post via:

No comments:

Random Posts