DIY Chalkboard from an Old TV Tray

We have old TV tray the sits in the garage and just collecting dust. Since I don’t want it to throw away, I re-purposed the TV tray into chalkboard. It was a cheap easy project you can do if you have old boards in your home. It does not require expertise to make this one.

DIY-chalkboard
Recycled TV Tray into chalkboard

Materials:
  • Chalkboard Spray Paint
  • Trim Spray Paint
  • Old TV tray
  • Old Containers (for chalk)
  • Painters tape
  • Paper
  • Drill
  • Screws
  • Sand paper

All materials I used are available on our storage. These are left over from other projects except the Chalkboard spray paint which I bought from Walmart.

Recycling TV tray into chalkboard – How to:

1.    Since the TV tray is smooth and glossy, I had to sand it first to give a rough finish.
2.    Drill holes on the tray and attach it to the stand using screws.
3.    Spray the tray with chalkboard paint and let dry overnight. I used Krylon Chalkboard which cost around $4-$5 from leading retailers. (I still have left over I can use for my next project.)
4.    Once dried, cover the tray with paper and apply painters tape to expose only the trim and stand.
5.    Spray paint the trims and stand with orange Rust-oleum and then let dry.
6.    Remove painters tape and then attach the chalk container and you’re done.


This Chalkboard project is a great idea that kids would love to play with. This is a good tool in expressing their creative minds. My two-year old daughter was so excited to use the chalkboard, she couldn't wait much and she started writing on it as soon as I finished. My daughter likes to draw. She's enjoying the chalkboard and writes on it when she can.

Share this post via:

No comments:

Random Posts