Kids Canvas Painting

Last weekend I went out with friends at painting studio. I would definitely say that I had fun. At first I was skeptical that I'm not going to make it, but when the artist started showing how it’s done, I feel relieved. Canvas painting is so easy that anybody can do it even younger ones, as young as my daughter. So I thought about introducing canvas painting to her since she likes playing around with water color. This is a great activity for kids to encourage them and enhance their artistic skills. We both enjoyed the activity and I was surprised with how it turned out. You can’t tell it was painted by a 2 year old kid.

Kids Canvas Painting
Canvas Painting for Fathers Day

Materials you need:
  • Canvas
  • Acrylic paint
  • Brush
  • Paint Tray Palette
  • Masking tape
  • Water

Kids Canvas painting

1. Apply a thin white paint on canvass and let it dry.
2. While waiting to dry, prepare your tape. I wanted to use smaller width but I only have 1 inch tape so I cut them to get 1/4 inch width by laying it into flat surface and cut it using ruler and sharp cutter. This is optional, width of the tape depends on your preference.


3. Place the tape on your canvas. There’s no pattern to follow. Make sure that you stick them good to avoid paints getting underneath.


4. Pour a small amount of paint in a tray palette. I only bought 5 colors but I managed to produce more colors by combining them using the blending ratio I found in food color box.

 

5. Let the kid play around with colors. Paint the canvas until all covered.


6. Let it dry overnight.


7. Peel off the tape and hang on the wall.

Kids Artwork
My Toddler Masterpiece

As you see, some paint got underneath the tape. Too much paint was probably applied and maybe watered down too since my daughter was dipping the brush to the water too often. I’m tempted to retouch it but I won’t since it’s her first canvass paint done.
Share this post via:

No comments:

Random Posts