Pork Ham Recipe - Pork Estofado Style

I was craving for pork estofado but I don’t have the main ingredients available in our fridge.  Estofado is made from pork leg (my moms recipe) with banana plantain in it. These main ingredients are not available from local stores near our home so I went to Asian Store to buy pata (pork leg). Unfortunately pork leg was not available either so I grabbed the pork ham instead since I was informed that pork ham and pork leg are from the same part of the animal. My experimental recipe turned out good... umm yummy as what my daughter said.

Pork Ham Estofado

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs sliced pork ham (fat included)
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1 12oz-can cherry Dr. Pepper soda
  • 2 garlic gloves
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 pcs dried bay leaves
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 tsp vegetable oil

 

How to make pork ham estofado - experimental version


1. On a separate pot, boil eggs for 12 minutes and set aside when done.
2. Heat frying pan on a medium heat and add vegetable oil.
3. Saute garlic until it turns brown. Add sliced pork ham and fry for about 5 minutes.
4. Pour soy sauce, water and Dr. Pepper soda.
5. Add bay leaves and ground pepper then bring to boil.
6. Set to low heat and cook for 1 hour.
7. Add the vinegar and cook for additional 10 minutes.
8. Peel the hard-boiled eggs and add to cooked pork ham.
9. Serve and enjoy.
Share this post via:

No comments:

Random Posts