DIY Terrarium Using an Old Coffee Pot

My friend recently gave me a hen and chick succulent plant. She told me that it is easy to take care either indoor or outdoor. Since it is very small, only a little over 2 inches by diameter, I don’t want it to plant outside as I’m afraid my dog might accidentally step on it. So I decided to plant it indoors and make my own terrarium. Luckily, I have old coffee pot that I can use for my terrarium project.

Terrarium DIY


Materials you need:
  • Coffee pot or any glass jar
  • Succulent plant
  • Sand
  • Potting soil
  • Moss
  • Decoration
Terrarium Materials

DIY Terrarium Using an Old Coffee Pot

  1. Rinse coffee pot or glass jar and sand with fresh water. Let it dry.
  2. Add a layer of sand at the bottom. This will absorb the excess water since the jar has no holes at the bottom.
  3. Add a layer of potting soil. Make sure that the soil layer is deep enough for the plant roots.
  4. Add a thin layer of moss at the top.
  5. Make a hole and add your succulent plants. Make sure that you have enough room for your plants to grow.
  6. Add you decorations. I added my DIY decorations which you can view instructions here.

Coffee Pot Terrarium

Water your plants a little amount at a time using sprayer. My hen and chick succulent does better with a little water. Check your plants water requirements.

Share this post via:

No comments:

Random Posts